||By prior arrangement as it is heavily used
The Oxymon Mk III is a user-friendly, and flexible near infrared spectroscopy system.
The main characteristics of this highly advanced research tool are:
- Measures oxy-, deoxy-, and total haemoglobin concentration changes and optionally absolute concentrations and tissue saturation index.
- Stable, versatile and highly sensitive
- Various configurations, from 1 to 96 channels
- Fast data collection at 50 Hz as standard - up to 250 Hz is possible!
- No need to screen against ambient light
- The light detector cannot be damaged by ambient light
- Raw data (optical densities) easily accessible
- Standard configuration with two wavelengths per channel, up to 6 wavelengths is possible
- Data recording via PC using a free USB bus
- Simultaneous capture of other (physiological) data
- Compact, rugged, and portable device
- Can be used in hostile environments such as high altitudes and the Antarctic
- Unlimited data storage
- Technology – Continuous wave near infrared spectroscopy using modified Lambert-Beer Law
- Measures – Changes in oxy- and deoxyhemoglobin and optionally regional tissue saturation index (TSI) using spatially resolved spectroscopy
- Operating Systems – Windows XP, Vista or 7, with at least USB 1.1
- Channels - Between 1 and 96, depending on configuration and splitting of fibres. Maximum configuration is 2 x4 cabinets with 8 transmitter/ 8 receiver. Minimum is 1 cabinet with 1 transmitter/ 1 receiver.
- Light Source – Temperature stabilized pulsed laser sources (Class 1 according to IEC – 60825-1, safety of lasers)
- Wavelengths – Standard nominal 765 and 855 nm, others possible
- Detector(s) – Temperature stabilized and cooled avalanche photo diode with ambient light protection
- Sampling time- From 0.1 Hz to 50 Hz (up to 250 Hz optional)
- Noise - 0.001 standard deviation in optical density at a total of 6 optical densities at 10 Hz measurement frequency
- Storage – Real-time, unlimited data storage
- External inputs – Optional are 8 additional analog data inputs at 50 Hz (up to 250 Hz optional), +/- 4 Volt
- Optode fibres – Standard 3 meter, lengths up to 10 meter available
- Optode holders – Standard with multiple distances for muscle or head, multi-channel generally customer specific
- Optode distance – Depending on application. Frontal head with brain device up to 6cm possible with arterial pulsation still visible. For fNIRS 3 – 4 cm is recommended.
- Upgrades – The instrument can easily be upgraded
- Power – Auto sensing 110-240V, approx. 40 Watt
- Dimensions – Weight 7 to 8 kg, WxDxH: 37x30x9 cm
- Environment – Operating temp. 10-27 C, both source and detector temperature stabilized, altitude 0-5750 m
- Interference – With NMR compatible fibres the instrument can be used inside the MRI. EEG/ECG does not interfere the optical signal
Item ID #
Last Updated: 9th November, 2016